Thursday, July 3, 2008

Operation Condor is go.

I have yet to meet a mime who can do a "man trapped inside a blog" routine, but imagine me, your faithful Rauschenberg, doing one now.

What did I just do? I was messing around on the Internet, having fun, clicking a few things saucily, and all of a sudden I'm saddled with a whole new entity, with needs and demands and three a.m. feeding sessions.

And the worst part is, I had a blog back in the nineties, before there were "blogs" (I just called it my "personal website"). Why don't I preserve the dare I say towering legacy of the pioneering and seminal Levee Wash (my old Berkeley musing-page), instead of inexplicably choosing to add another stream of words to the waterlogged delta of today's blogosphere?

Still, I'm thinking this blog could be good for me personally--in running my bar, I've gotten away from writing, specifically, and the practice of arranging my thoughts, in general--and good for all the people I haven't had much time to stay in contact with. Operation Condor is my militaristic push to reclaim my inner intellectual life. I'm staying until the peace is won. As REM said, welcome to the occupation.

No comments: